Friday, May 20, 2005

I prefer to be optimistic

The BBC reports that Martin O'Neill could leave Celtic this summer. This assertion hinges on him saying that next season he:
"definitely won't be going to another football club."
Granted, the beeb did say that he wasn't making a commitment to Celtic but the quote could be read as a subtle commitment. I, however, prefer to be optimistic.

It's not that I don't like the man. He's a good manager - worked wonders at Leicester - and he seems to be a decent bloke. It's not even that I hate Celtic. I wouldn't say I like them (I do support Rangers after all) but you have to respect (even it is grudgingly) a team that's won 3 out of the last 4 SPL titles. However, maybe it's time for O'Neill to move on. What more is there to achieve? He's won everything the Scottish game can throw at him, he took Celtic to the UEFA Cup final in 2003 and it's not as if they're going to win the Champions League and then there's the league. It would take them to have a very bad season to finish outside the top 2 in the SPL.

Go on Marty! Quit now. It can't get any better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home