Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Death of Apathy

All right. This is it. I swear that from today on I will update this blog if not every day, then a hell of a lot more than I have been. Although maybe not on Saturday as I plan to go to a Make Poverty History rally in Belfast. And maybe not tomorrow, because I have an exam and I may be knackered by the time I get back.

It always happens, I go away for a few weeks a shitload of stuff happens. First of all Liverpool win the Champions League. (and here) I read an amusing piece on Teletext that Milan Baros dropped the trophy on the floor of a hotel and dented it.

Secondly, we now know who Deep Throat was. A bit of background: A break-in occured at the offices of the Democratic National Committee at the Watergate Hotel in 1972. The president at the time, Richard Nixon became implicated in the affair when a shady figure whom the Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein named Deep Throat (now known to be Mark Felt) leaked them information on the break-in. The result of this information was that Nixon was impeached and he resigned.

The biggest political news of the last two weeks is that France and Holland have both voted against the EU constitution. The President of the European Commission, Jose Manuel Barroso has urged other countries to press on with their referendums but I would tend to agree with Neil Kinnock who says there is no point as the constitution is now dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home